8205 N Highway One, Little River (Sold)
Established in 1867 in Little River, the historic Glendeven Farmhouse is the centerpiece of what has become the top-rated lodging destination in Mendocino. Bordered on three sides by state parks, this 15+ acre expanse covers 8 contiguous parcels that are spectacularly situated along the famed Pacific Coast Highway on the rugged coastline where Mendocino meets the mighty Pacific.
The historically significant Glendeven Inn showcases the original farmhouse with its spacious dining room, lodging at Stevenscroft, the Gallery Wine Bar[n] with its loft vacation rental, two llama pastures, a chicken coop, beehives, an organic edible garden and access to the Fern Canyon Trailhead. A private cottage, dubbed the Abalone Shack, sits within the south llama pasture.
Standing as a complimentary counterpoint to the historic farmstead is is the decidedly contemporary Glendeven Lodge hosting 10 spacious guest rooms, spa, exercise room, meeting facilities with commercial kitchen, private hot tubs, ocean view decks and an innkeeper’s apartment.
A path from Glendeven leads across Pacific Coast Highway to The Inn at Cobbler’s Walk which features the Main House, The Four Quarters and Rachel’s Cottage for a total of 10 rooms, plus a private massage cabin. This quaint and intimate compound provides access to the Headlands Walk Trailhead.
Nearby Van Damme State Park is a hiker’s paradise offering the flat quarter-mile Pygmy Forest Trail and the 9+ mile Fern Canyon Lollapalooza. There’s a visitor’s center and a scenic beach where you can fish for abalone or launch a kayak. The historic and picturesque village of Mendocino is just minutes away with its restaurants, shops, galleries and the Mendocino Headlands State Park
The historic Glendeven Inn consists of 3 buildings with 10 guest rooms including the historic Farmhouse and Stevenscroft. The Inn’s Carriage House and Wine Bar[n] boasts a spacious dining room, a reception area with gift shop and wine sales, and the Barn Loft two-bedroom vacation rental.
The Glendeven Lodge is a visual counterpoint to the Inn with 10 architecturally contemporary rooms, spa service, commercial kitchen, exercise room, meeting/break-out room, and a private innkeeper’s apartment. Additionally, a 1 bedroom modular unit is inconspicuously situated at the rear.
The Inn at Cobbler’s Walk offers 10 rooms in 3 buildings including the traditional architecture of the Main House, the decidedly contemporary Four Corners, and Rachel’s Cottage.
Currently the owners’ private quarters, the Abalone Shack is a single family residence that sits within the South Llama Pasture.
There are 5 1/2 walking hours of State Park trails accessible from the property without getting into a car.
- +/-15.21 acres
- 8 parcels
- 30 guest rooms
- +/-29,769 sq. feet
- Whitewater and ocean views
- Innkeeper’s apartment at the Lodge
- 1-bedroom modular home at the Lodge
- 2-Bedroom vacation rental at the Wine Bar[n]
- 2-bedroom owner’s residence dubbed the Ab Shack
- Two dining rooms, at the Inn and the Lodge
- Two commercial kitchens, at the Inn and the Lodge
- Wood burning fireplaces in many rooms and piblic spaces
- Private hot tubs for scheduled private guest use
- Ocean view decks
- Exercise room at the Lodge
- Spa rooms at the Lodge
- Massage Cabin at Cobbler’s Walk
- Two llama pastures
- Free range chicken coop
- Organic vegetable garden
- Backup power generator
- Electric car charging stations
- ADA accessible rooms and parking
- High producing wells and springs supply guest operations in each of the inns
- Two additional and separate water systems for the gardens
- Potential for glamping units
- Potential for farm to table dining
- Potential for corporate events, catering and wedding venue